Monday, August 20, 2007

Boys in Blue...2

So after a 20 min paddy wagon van ride, it stops and its "everybody out!" After going through a brief booking process, I go into the holding cell with everybody else. Man I'm talking about college kids, homeless, and just straight crazy. So I'm talking to this older white guy who was in for the same charge and we're just going back and fourth about how this is some bull, yada yada yada. Then we start noticing what other people are in there for. There was this one guy in there for peeing in his own yard. "I was just taking a piss on the side of the steps, and a cop was passing by, got out the car, and here I am!" I tried not to laugh but that shit was funny! So after about an hour, I get called to the nurse, and she screens me as I would be a health threat to the other prison population, God Forbid....

So I proceed to this cool breeze and was like "aye man, can I use the phone?" "Naw,...young brother you should have done that already." ("WTF!) "Man I didn't know, I was just doing what y'all told me to do and stay put, and I didn't get to make my call!" "Well to late, you're about to go back to yankee!".......Pause.......(self: I don't know the jail slang, but that sounds like the regular jail with everybody else). As my self assessment is correct, I get fitted with a blue, looks like a male nurse uni, and back to yankee I go with like 6 others. By this time its like 2 or 3 in the morning, mind you I got there around 10-11Pm. So this lady, looking like big mama, was like "aiight gents!", pick a cell. So at this time I'm just like F**k it. So get in the cell, automatic locks close and I see this slave looking dude sleeping on the floor. He wakes up and is like "what time is it lil n***a?" "I dunno, it was like 2 the last time I saw a clock." "Well what you in here fa?" "They say they got me for disorderly conduct." "Is that all?" "Man they could have given you a ticket for that." "What you in for?" "Lil man, I'm almost 30, Ive been in and out since I was 17. They say the got me for armed robbery, and the just tacked on attempted murder last week." "Oh aiight........" So this dude goes back to sleep, and get maybe a total of 20 min sleep when they cut the lights back on and we get some trays for breakfast. Man by this time I'm confused as hell, its still dark out and I'm getting breakfast. "What time is it?" "Well its breakfast so its prob. about 4:30." Needless to say, jail food is not poppin so I take a spoon full of the grits and a bite of the waffle, and gave the rest to my man. Finally the sun makes it self known and a brother goes to bond court and gets a PR bond, which mean I get out for free but I've gotta go to court. Back to the cell until I get release. About 2 hours later they call me and my man in the cell was like "ayyy!, let me get that T-Shirt, I don't know how they let you in hear with it." In my mind im like dude, I'm 6'-2" 185, and your 6"-6" 220, but aiight. "Here you go dog." "Good looking lil man." "Well be safe out there in the street dog, you'll be aiight, y'all lil n***a's just need to slow down out there."

1 comment:

Jarrod said...

Awww you made friends in jail...LOL. But on the real that was some bullshit. They could've at least given you some warm waffles.