Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Sound off! 1

I don't know if its because I'm getting older, have some kind of complex or what, but lately there are just allot of things that pisses me off. The ignorance in me reverts back to my Chapelle Show days: "If you have hate in your heart let it out!" Well here it goes, this is what got me going yesterday..

  1. The young lady in my life tells me from time to time that I act like I hate our own.....black people.

    Man listen. I don't hate our own, I just hate our ignorance and how in our society the action of one is the action of all. I hate when I meet "the other man", or "clear people" (shouts to Talia) you've got to get them to warm up to you. Its like you have to lay out your life story for them to deem you acceptable. I just feel like in many cases our people are behind the 8-ball for all the wrong reasons. I was watching the show on BET "We got to do better". The first question was who is Obama. To my dismay, every body interviewed except for one didn't know who he was! WTF! How could you not know who the potential first black president is!? Is this not what we have been waiting for? Man I'm to the point where we just need to get it together.
  2. Yesterday my lady tells me about her weekend at one of her home girls party in the A. She was saying how some guy we saw in the mall felt like I was grilling him up like he stole something.

    Man whatever! This is how it went down. I was in the mall, some store, looking for some Polos and this dude, her frat walks up. Dude was smiling from ear to ear looking like some gump and was like "you going to your girls party this weekend?" "Ima be there she says, you know we all going, you" "Yeah you know it, what you think I'm in the mall for now!" Cool. Now if you ask guys there is this thing we try to abide by called man law. You women may not completely get it but it is what it is. So as they were talking and he walked away, I had this look on my face as I grilled him. I grilled this gump a@@ dude because he looked at me walks away and says not a word. Man, I'm sorry just felt like my morals were being challenged in the midst of the moment. You know my lady, I'll give you that. But even if you don't know the situation you still acknowledge a brother. At least say what up. So hell yeah I grilled him, and would do it again.

I gotta finish this later, my Job awaits...

2 comments:

Southerner in Suomi said...

Y'all got manlaw, we (at least in Louisiana) we got Homegirl 101. Certain shit you just don't do.

He shoulda spoke. He didn't so you shoulda mugged him. And why she ain't introduce you two? Seems like it wasn
t just dude.

Jarrod said...

I wouldn't say you hate us, you're just disappointed. As for dude...you already know. A road trip is nothing to air somebody out.